JOB TITLE: Account Manager - Automated Systems
BUSINESS GROUP/DEPT.: Sales (Inside)
REPORTS TO: North America Sales Manager
DATE: Oct 5, 2019
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Account Manager for Automated Systems is responsible for the ongoing sales of detergents to automated sales customers. This position will provide information about products and services, take orders, respond to customer complaints, and work with past customers to re-establish business sales.
Each quarter the Account Manager for Automated Systems, will establish, with the North America Sales Manager or VP of Sales, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow processes and procedures according to the “HCS Way”.
• Call on/visit current and past accounts with automated systems.
• Meet sales targets and report measurables at weekly sales meetings.
• Utilize sales skills to re-establish past accounts and prevent lost accounts.
• Safely work with hazardous materials.
• Perform minor Preventative Maintenance during sales visits.
• Maintain required customer contact data in CRM system.
• Demonstrate company products – digitally and in the field.
• Travel via plane or vehicle a less than 25% of the time.
• Attend tradeshows.
• Occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Maintain professional appearance and demeanor; maintain composure with challenging customers.
• Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Account Manager for Automated Systems. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Successful completion of a math and mechanical aptitude test.
Technical Experience: Basic understanding of mechanical systems.
Industry Experience: Minimum 2 years of sales or consultative experience required.
• Working on the phone and computer for extended periods of time.
• Frequent driving and flying for extended periods of time.
• Occasional standing for extended periods of time.
• Heavy, but infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Full range of motion for lifting and bending.
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technical Requirements – specifically related to this position
Results Oriented: Ability to focus on important issues, regularly refocuses on results, and demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets.
Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable, interacts confidently, reads the situation. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions, both verbal and non-verbal.
Influencing & Negotiating: Changes others’ viewpoints without coercion, sells products and services by tailoring benefits to audience, and negotiates mutually favorable outcomes.
Software: Proficient at typing and using basic Window office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook including social media platforms.
Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
HCS Employee Benefits:
Competitive wage based on experience
401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position:
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Core Values – Common to all HCS Positions
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Note: The above job postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to the job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with thet job. The job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change any description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an at-will employer and may terminate employment for any reason at any time.