Service Technician (Traveling) - Full Time
JOB TITLE: Service Technician (Traveling)
BUSINESS GROUP/DEPT.: Operations
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DATE: Jan 23, 2020
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Service Technician work includes; machine service (preventive maintenance, parts replacement, calibration, etc.), installations/commissioning, operator/maintenance training, and qualifying the machines at customer locations. Service Technicians are at times “the face of the company” and are required to promote the company and our services in a professional manner, treating our customers as an extension of the HCS family.
Each quarter the Service Technician will establish, with the Service Manager, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Duties
Duties & Responsibilities Include but not Limited to:
• Routine travel, 50% Local/50% National, at time with little or no notice.
• Working irregular hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and driving record that meet car rental, company insurance requirements, and Federal guidelines for driving a commercial motor vehicle.
• Maintain professional appearance and demeanor; be able to maintain composure with challenging customers.
• Read and understand mechanical and electrical blueprints/schematics
• Effectively trouble-shoot, repair, and bring resolution to customer concerns/issues while in the field.
• Strong decision-making capabilities; sometimes quickly with logic to back-up decision.
• Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Service Technician. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
High School Degree (GED)
Travel 50% Local/50% National
Excellent customer skills
High mechanical aptitude
Basic electrical knowledge, especially control circuits (sensors, switches, solenoids, and other electro-mechanical devices)
Good driving record, must meet fleet insurance requirements.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Driving for extended periods of time.
• Extended hours away from main location of business
• Heavy, but infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
• Lifting- raising, lowing or moving objects.
• Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Software: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and applications; company specific ERP system
Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable, interacts confidently, reads the situation. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions, both verbal and non-verbal.
Mechanically Inclined: Intuitively can take apart, put together or design “things” that are mechanical, selecting the most appropriate materials and tools to complete the work.
Computers: Comfortable with computers
Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
HCS Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
HCS Employee Benefits:
Competitive wage based on experience
401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position:
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Core Values – Common to all HCS Positions
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Note: The above job postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to the job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with thet job. The job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change any description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an at-will employer and may terminate employment for any reason at any time.